While Decorating, first thing comes in mind are flowers. And if they are DIY of paper flowers than it is a best decor idea. Learning to make paper flowers is easy and fun. Create paper flowers and hang them on walls. on wreath, frame or just some flowers on table with masterpiece. They are budget friendly and good for those having flower/pollen allergies.
Lotus Flower Symbolizes?
Lotus is a beautiful aquatic plant. The lotus flower rises from the depths of a muddy river, blooms and thrives. This symbolizes the human who rises from the darkness of the world into a new way of thinking and living. It is a symbol of rebirth, growth and purification of spirit. The lotus flower also represents faith. Hindu religious leaders began to use the flower as a symbol of peace and eternity. White lotus flowers are usually seen under the feet of deities like Lakshmi, Ganesha, and Saraswati.
How budget friendly?
Fresh flowers needs to be changed within 2-3 days. And paper flowers remain as it is for months and years, if kept out of reach of childrens 😊. For making paper flowers you just need few color of papers ,scissors and glue. Its easy and fun activity.
For youtube video click on link below:
Things Needed: For one Lotus Flower
- Pink color crepe paper : It needs to be cut into two stripes
1 : First strip 7 cms in height and 40 cms long.
2: Second strip 8 cms in height and 40 cms long.
- Green color paper: I have used green hand paper 9 cms and 48 cm long strip.
- Yellow marble paper
- Hot glue gun
- Empty tape roll
- Cut a circle of size of empty tape roll. Stick it in center of roll as shown.
- Cut a long strip to cover roll and cut as shown half way through it.
- Stick it in center of the empty tape roll.
- Take first strip 8 cms in height and 40 cms long. Fold this long strip into 4.5 cms width. Now cut into a shape of petal. Bottom should be broad and a pointed tip.
- Now cut second strip 7 cms in height and 40 cms long. Fold this long strip into 4 cms width. And shape it into a lotus petal.
- 1 Picture – First Stretch paper in center of petal to give it a curve shape. Do it for all petals. Now use set of 7 cms long petals.
- 2 picture – Stick petal on sidewall of empty tape roll.
- 3 picture – Stick all 10 petals one by one in circular motion on tape roll.
- 4 picture- Now use 8 cms long set of petal.
- 5 & 6 picture – Continue till all petals are sticked.
- Remember to stick new petal where both ends of petals meet in inner circle.
- Last step to cut leaves from green paper. Fold it into 4 cms of width.
- Cut it into shape of a leaf. I got 10 leaves from this strip.
- I have stick 5 -5 leaves in each lotus in circular motion.