Hey all dear Friends!
It’s one year of bonding and spreading smiles on my yummyee blog. I am really happy and feel blessed for getting all your support and encouragement in form of your comments. Thank you to my followers and lovely fellow bloggers for motivating me from time to time to share new posts. Without your support my work and my journey wouldn’t have been possible… I really enjoyed sharing on this beautiful platform and learning new things – cooking and technology both 🙏
To celebrate this special day with you all, sharing a simple recipe of eggless cake without oven. There are many people who don’t have oven or sometimes we don’t want to use big oven for a small dish. So this recipe has simple ingredients found in every kitchen, it is baked without oven and is super delicious and beautiful without frosting, No excuse for baking, Give it a try 😉 A recipe of cake for all….
A link of Youtube Video for Zebra Cake ( click here) —- Eggless Zebra Cake
How to make Zebra stripes ?
This cake has all simple ingredients, but it involves patience and creativity at the time of filling the cake tin. The simple batter is divided into two parts. One is kept simple vanilla and other is made chocolate batter by adding cocoa. So technic and creative part is mixing both these batters spoon by spoon and make a pattern which when baked will give beautiful vanilla and chocolate stripes.
Zebra Cake – Eggless and without oven
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour ( maida)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup oil (sunflower)
- 3/4 cup fresh milk ( for vegan- plant based)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder + 1 tbsp milk
- 7-8 inch cake tin greased and lined butter/wax paper
- Large vessel/pot with heavy bottom
- Rack/ stand
- baking time is 50 – 60 minutes
- Preheat Oven 180 degree c/ 365 degree f for 35-40 minutes
- Grease the cake tin with oil and place butter paper.
- In a cup of milk ( fresh/ plant based) add 1 tsp of vinegar, mix it and keep it on side.
- Now make an oven with an pot/ pressure cooker. Don’t use whistle and rubber gasket ( remove both), if using the lid of pressure cooker.
- In the heavy bottom pan, place a rack or stand so that your cake tin does not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Close with a lid, preheat the pot for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- In a large bowl mix oil and sugar together with a whisk.
- Add milk with vinegar in it and mix well till all sugar is dissolved in it.
- Now it’s time to sift the flour, place sieve on top of same bowl.
- 2) Add plain flour
- 3) 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4) 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5) pinch of salt
- 6) Sift all dry ingredients in wet one.
- Mix till no lumps are present with spatula.
- Add vanilla extract and give a mix.
- Transfer half of batter to another bowl, so we have equal amounts in both bowls.
- In one bowl add unsweetened 2 tbsp of cocoa powder till no lumps.
- If it seems thick add 1 tbsp of milk to it and mix.
- Now in greased tin, pour 2 tbsp vanilla batter into the center of the tin.
- Gently pour 2 tbsp chocolate batter into center of vanilla batter.
- Next, pour gently vanilla batter into center of the chocolate batter.
- Next comes chocolate batter…
- next vanilla one
- Keep alternating between chocolate and vanilla batter until they both are finished.
- Be care full while pouring, nice full circles should be made alternatively of vanilla and chocolate batter.
- Now make a beautiful flower design on top of it.
- Use a big skewer or toothpick, gently make lines on top only. bring from outside to inside circle- then wipe the stick.
- then from opposite side to inside circle. wipe the stick, and complete flower pattern.
- Now in preheated heavy bottom pan, place cake tin on high rack.
- Bake on low flame for 50 minutes to 1 hour or till skewer/ toothpick comes clean in center.
- Keep a close eye and check with thin stick in center after 50 minutes. It should come out clean, if not then close and again check after 10 minutes.
- Check skewer, put in center if it comes clean, its done.
- Remove from the pan and cool it before removing from the cake tin.
Beautiful Soft and spongy Zebra Cake is ready to be served.
- For Baking, follow the exact ingredients quantity. If you want to do baking, please invest in measuring cups and teaspoon set. It is very cheap and is available easily.
- Ensure to take milk at room temperature.
- We want cake batter to be thick.
- If batter is not dropping down with spoon in cake tin, then add 1 tbsp of milk and mix properly.
- Fill half of cake tin, otherwise it tends to come out at time of baking. It rises and overflows, if fill till 1/3 of tin.
- If you are baking without oven, then always remember to take heavy bottom pan/pressure cooker.
- If using pressure cooker then remove gasket and whistle from the lid. And if it’s Aluminium then best for baking. I don’t have a big one so used Steel one.
- If you spread a thin layer of salt in bottom of vessel works good for baking. Salt absorbs some heat from hot base of pan and prevents overheating it.
- Alway there should be a rack or stand placed approx 1-2 cm in height. So that your cake tin does not touch the bottom of the pan. It protects cake from burning.
- Let cooker cool down naturally before washing it with water. Sudden change of temperature will damage your vessel.