In India, Rakhi is a very special occasion for all sisters and brothers. This year it’s going to be celebrated on 26th of August. It’s a symbol of love and trust of sister and brother relationships. On this day, sisters will tie Rakhi (a thread with beads in any color) on their brother’s wrist as a symbol of their love and in turn the brother pledges to protect his sister. Sisters bring or make sweets for their brothers as token of love, resemblance of childhood sweet relationship and of future ones to be.
HAPPY RAKHI TO ALL BROTHERS & SISTERS
Here Sharing a very simple recipe of Coconut Laddus or sweet balls. It has only two basic Ingredients and then with your taste and liking and availability add other things to enhance the taste of sweet balls. Use of condensed milk make it easy for binding and in reducing the cooking time. So within 10 – 15 min you can make delicious laddus without creating much mess. They can be made when guests are going to come very quickly.
Two Basic Ingredients
- 11/2 + 1/4 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Condensed milk ( approx half tin, use vegan condensed milk )
- Few chopped cashews
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Few sliced Almonds into two halves.
In 11/2 Cups of desiccated coconut, I was able to make 10 lemon sized Laddus. Quantity of laddus will vary depending upon the size of balls you make.
Heat a Pan on low- medium flame. Add 11/2 Cup of desiccated coconut flakes and roast them for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Save less than 1/4 cup coconut flakes for later use.Color of coconut should not change stirring in between with help of spatula. Then add condensed milk and stir continuously for -3 minutes on low flame till the mixture comes together. Once done switch off the flame.
It’s time to add the Optional ingredients — Add few chopped cashews and cardamom powder. This gives a nice crunch and aroma to your sweet balls. Stir nicely to combine all things and let it cool down till it’s comfortable to handle. Don’t let it cool down completely. It should be warm to shape them into nice small balls. Take a small portion of mixture and round/roll it between your palms to give a ball shape. Dip these balls in coconut flakes saved for later use. Then garnish it with sliced almond on top.
Mouth watering Coconut laddus are ready so quickly at home with all goodness and benefits of coconut and nuts. It gives the satisfaction and smile to many faces.
- Shredded coconut contains 33 grams of fat and 40 grams of sugar per 1-cup serving. These healthy saturated fats that have different effects than most other fats in your diet. These fats can boost fat burning and provide your body and brain with quick energy. Coconut flakes should be eaten in moderation as weight gain is possible.
- A 1-cup serving of shredded coconut provides 4 grams of dietary fiber. Fiber reduces your risk of constipation and hemorrhoids by encouraging proper digestion and regular bowel movements.
- Coconut is a good source of iron, and a 1-cup serving supplies 1.8 milligrams of the 8 milligrams men need each day and the 18 milligrams women require.
- One cup of shredded coconut provides 1.7 milligrams of zinc toward the daily goal of 8 milligrams for women and 11 milligrams for men. Zinc is a mineral crucial to the strength and health of your immune system, and it also plays a critical role in wound healing.
- While dry roasting it should not stick to pan or change color. Don’t keep unattainted.
- When you mix Coconut flakes and Condensed milk, stir nicely till it leaves edges of pan. It will nicely come together.
- Don’t cool it completely. When it’s warm roll into small balls and coat flakes on top of it.