This Vegan Vegetable Bread Omelette is one of the favorite breakfast in my house. Its Tasty, full of nutrition value and more important its quick to assemble into a proper satisfying meal. Pair it with Fresh Fruit and Juice to make it a complete meal.
I love this recipe that it can be pretty much switched around to suit different tastes. Star ingredients is the Chickpea flour/ Besan/ which is packed with protein and adding ground Flax seeds boost it with omega 3. Fresh vegetables can be added or omitted as per once preferences and taste.
- 4 Bread slices
- 1 cup Chickpea flour/ Besan
- 1 Teaspoon ground Flax seeds
- 1 small sized Tomato finely chopped
- 1 small sized Onion finely chopped
- few finely chopped Green Chilies/ jalpaneous
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- few finely chopped Cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup water or as needed
- Oil to smear if desired
In a broad bowl add Chickpea flour, its nutritional value is equal to an egg. Add to it finely chopped Tomatoes, Onions, Green Chilies. Now comes some species like Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, salt to taste and flax seeds. Combine all ingredients well and add water slowly as needed. Whisk it to a smooth batter and keep it on side for 5 -10 minutes as vegetables will leave their water and adjust water accordingly.
After resting, batter should be thin flowing consistency. Heat up the Skillet on medium flame. Dip one of the slices in the batter and gently coat with help of spoon on other side.
By now your skillet must be warm, sprinkle few drops of oil on to it. Carefully transfer your coated bread on to the warm skillet. You can use tongs to place them, I was able to keep two bread slices as my skillet was big. Gently flip when one side is done ,it will take approx 1-2 minutes on each sides. Sprinkle some oil if needed, See the beautiful golden brown color on both sides. They are ready to be served when baked properly on both sides.
For serving in plate, I have cut diagonally to my Bread Omelette. Serve it hot with green Coriander Chutney Enjoy these lip-smacking dish hot!
You can enjoy it as Breakfast or Evening snack without any guilt as it is very healthy :
- Chickpea flour / Besan is high in protein and fiber. It helps to control cravings, resulting in weight control.
- It is rich in iron, potassium, folate, vitamin B-6, and thiamine.
- Controls Diabetes, Besan is low in glycemic index i.e. just 10.
- It is gluten free. Its a great substitute to wheat flour.
- Fresh Vegetables add more to its Nutritional value.
- Herbs of your choice can be added as coriander, sage, parsley,basil, all add delicious flavors just that little bit extra – special each time.
- Vegetables like green peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, spinach paste can add their taste, nutrition and rainbow colors.
- It can be made fat-free by just using non-stick skillet and just spray or brush it up with few drops of oil.