On a hot summer day, what could be better than a glass of cold coffee. Temperatures are soaring high, so I thought of giving a welcome drink of cold coffee to my son, when he returns from school in afternoon. He loves cold coffee topped with a scoop of ice cream. This takes me back in my childhood, my mom used to make with Malai instead of ice-cream, I used to enjoy it in same way with smiling face as he does.. I guess everyone loves it!
In Cold coffee,there are various brewing methods, with the fundamental division —
- cold brew –brewing the coffee cold, yielding different flavor, but not requiring cooling – Or brewing hot and then cooling, generally by simply pouring over ice or into ice cold milk.
- In hot brewing, sweeteners and flavorings are often mixed into the hot coffee before cooling, due to faster dissolution in hot water.
I am sharing simple n easy way of cold brewing with instant coffee(Nescafe / Bru).
• 1 Glass of Milk
• 1 Teaspoon NesCafe (instant)
• 1 Teaspoon Sugar
• 1 Scoop of Ice cream
Take a glass of milk in a bowl. Add instant Nescafe coffee in it with a spoonful of sugar. With the help of hand blender mix it for 30 sec. If you don’t have a blender use a shaker for it. Pour it in a glass, add few ice cubes in it.
Put a scoop of Vanilla ice-cream or Whipped cream on top of it. Dust a little coffee on it or chocolate syrup. Serve it chilled….
According to scientific studies, Coffee brewed hot is far more acidic than cold – brewed. Cold coffee even has a sweeter taste because of its lower acidity.
- Our body requires a delicate balance (pH) of acidity and alkalinity to function and heal.
- When you drink high – acidity coffee your body’s pH becomes unbalanced, creating discomfort for consumer.
- If drinking hot coffee causes such issues, try switching to cold – brewed.
- If you prefer hot, simply brew it cold and strong, then mix in hot water. Try this simple change in your routine could mean feeling better.
- I used full cream milk. you can also use skimmed milk or low fat milk.
- Blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
- Sugar can be substitute by honey.
- You can make a cold brew where you let ground coffee soak overnight in a cafetiere. This will give you a less bitter coffee than simply letting a hot coffee go cold.
- A faster method is to take a shot of hot espresso and add it to cold milk or ice.