Guacamole , It is a dip made from Avocado,is used most in Mexican cuisine. This creamy texture dip is loved by kids very much. It is used in Sandwiches, Burritos,Taco and many other dishes. Avocado are packed with protein and healthy fats.
- They are incredibly nutritious and contain more potassium than bananas.
- They are loaded with Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty acids.
- They are high in Fiber.
- Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels.
It is easy and simple to make and also complete the vegan /vegetarian needs.
It is basically made up of Avocado fruit. Avocados are commercially valuable and are cultivated in tropical and Mediterranean climate throughout the world. It is a tree’s fruit having a single large seed. When first time I ate, i was not impressed by it but then my friend asked me to try by making Guacamol, Now we crave for it. Slowly we develop taste for it. So its personal experience — do try it
The trick to making perfect Guacamole is using good,ripe avocados. Check for ripeness by color (dark) and by gently pressing it. If it is little soft then it is ripe and will taste good. If it is more soft, after pressing a impression comes on it, then don’t buy it.
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 small finely chopped Tomato
- 1 small finely chopped Red Onion
- Sea Salt as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
Take a avocado and cut into around the circumference as shown in picture below. With both hands twist both halves in opposite direction and pull apart.
Remove the pit with a help of a knife or spoon. Gently peel off the outer cover. See the velvety green color, I just love it
Now take a bowl and make small pieces with knife. I generally use a fork to mash till its creamy, you can keep small chunks also — either way it tastes great. You can use blender when making for a party in more quantity.
Now decorating and seasoning by adding more colors and spices. You can add or omit according to ones likes and taste. I have kept simple by adding chopped Tomatoes and Red Onions. Add cumin and black pepper. Sprinkle Salt as per Taste and dash of lime Juice. Combine everything nicely and ready to be served with crunchy tortilla chips.
Tips to keep Guacamole Green —- Key is to limit the oxidization by using Plastic Wrap. Press down Plastic Wrap to get air out when keeping in a bowl. When fresh Guacamole comes in contact with oxygen it tends to turn into brown color.
- Add lots of extra Lime juice, Then seal with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator.
- Sprinkle Lime Juice On Top Of Guacamole, Insert Pit (large seed) Into Center, Then seal with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator.
- In a bowl press tightly down Guacamole with spoon. Pouring drinking water on top around 1 cm and seal with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator. When needed , gently drain water from top and enjoy it.