Tomato Soup in one pot with only Four ingredients, Yes that’s true. Only one pot… No more mess to clean afterwards. Healthy and really easy recipe to enjoy in this cold spring…. So enjoy
- 4-5 medium sized Tomatoes
- 1-2 medium sized carrots
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper or as per taste.
Wash the Tomatoes and take out the stem part with help of knife. Peel carrots and chop them in medium size. I have used carrots – in order to combat the acidity of the tomatoes so there is no need to add sugar and making it more healthy. Boil them for 10 minutes with 2 cup water in a pan.
Now with help of a fork, try to remove the skin of Tomatoes. It will be easily done so no worries. Carrots would have become tender too.
Now the fun part, Use your hand blender to puree in the same pan. Now add some Sea salt and black pepper to taste. Add water to adjust to the consistency , if it’s thick. I didn’t add any sugar as my carrots had done their work. Bring it to a nice boil. Ready to be served.
Add some butter and bread croutons before serving it hot.
Each bowl of tomato soup simmers with several nutrients that are highly beneficial for health. It contains vitamin E, A, C, K, essential minerals and antioxidants that can keep you healthy and fit. The health benefits of tomato soup include:
- The fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and choline content in tomatoes, all support Heart Health.
- While it is recommended that women who are Pregnant take a folic acid supplement, tomatoes are a great source of naturally-occurring Folate.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene. These are powerful antioxidants .
- Lycopene in tomato soup improves bone mass, fighting Osteoporosis.
- Tomato soup is an excellent source of vitamin A and C. Vitamin A is required for tissue development.
- Sea salt is rich in Trace Minerals.