This idea came in time of crisis…. When we feel lazy and little more lazy…… I was having left over of my rice but wanted something crunchy and tasty. So i got idea of stuffing my bean sprouts and veggies in Taco shells (store bought). It was fun doing and quick satisfying meal.
- 2 Cup Mung Sprout
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red chili powder/ Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 cup water
- Salt as per taste
- Taco Shells Pack
- 1 cup cooked Rice
- 1 Tomato rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Red onion rinsed and finely chopped
- Few Iceberg Lettuce leaves chopped roughly or any greens
- 2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
In a Pressure pan, crackle the cumin seeds in hot oil. Add Garlic paste and saute for 1 minute. Add Spouted Mung and all spices and then add one cup water. Close the lid and take one or two whistle. I prefer only one as i need little crunch in beans.
Mix some salt or dry herbs in cooked rice, if needed. Keep all things finely chopped and time to Microwave few shells at a time for 30 -40 seconds or as par instructions on pack.
Time to go crazy and help your taste buds…. I like to put one layer of rice, top it up with cooked Beans, Big scoop of Mayo and all veggies of my taste.
And Ready to dig in your colorful and healthy Plate —-
- Supports the Immune system: Iron in mung bean sprouts helps our body cells stay strong and void of infection.
- Sprouts are rich in folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 ,Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Build strong Bones: Manganese found in bean sprouts combines with calcium, vitamin D, zinc , copper and has shown to improve bone mass.
- Iceberg Lettuce has a high water content, making it refreshing. It also provides calcium, potassium, folate.
- It is loaded with Vitamins and minerals needed for daily requirements.
- You can season your Rice with Italian herbs or Mayo
- Microwave Mung for few minutes for more crunch.
- We can use other Beans as Rajma beans or Pinto beans
- Any Veggies of your like can be used.
- EAT it as soon as possible as it tends to become soggy.
Refer to Mung Sprouts recipe for detailed method of Sprouting beans.