These days Oats are commonly eaten for breakfast as oatmeal(porridge). I wanted to include oats in daily intake of my kiddo, but he was not happy with combination of milk,oats and nuts. So one day i came across this easy recipe of only 2 basic ingredients and variations you can bring to suit your individual taste buds. This recipe solved my problem. They don’t contain any Flour, Butter or refined Sugar,but still taste like soft, chewy sweet cookies.
The Cookies are firm on the outside and soft inside. They taste of Oats and Bananas and are great for an on – the – go breakfast.
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 11/2 cup old – fashioned rolled Oats
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips(dark)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
I will give you Oven(baking) and Microwave Option also. Believe me, Cookie in a Microwave….
Oven Method (Baking) : Preheat Oven to 350 degree
In a bowl,mash ripe Bananas with the help of a fork. They should be mashed to a liquid – like consistency. You can use a blender ,if needed.
In the bowl of Mashed Bananas stir in Oats properly. Time to add more of your personal flair, as I have added Cinnamon powder,Raisins, Chocolate Chips,Vanilla extract. Combine in all nicely.
Spray baking Sheet or grease with butter as you prefer to do. With the help of Ice-cream scoop mount scoops on parchment lined baking tray. Then gently flatten the top to give flat cookie shape. I was able to make 15 cookies.It depends on the size and thickness of cookies.
Bake the cookies, It took me total 18 minutes. I would suggest to keep an eye on them after 15 minutes. Bake till the edges of the cookies turn light brown.Remove from oven and let them cool. Back side of cookies turns to nice golden brown in color.Store them in air tight container for few day in fridge.
Now the Fun part in Microwave: yeh…
It is very Simple and Instant – In a Microwave safe plate, scoop the dough in cookie shape. Then Microwave for 1 min on high. And without any waste of time give a try to healthy oat cookies. They are firm outside and best, the only drawback is you can’t get that golden brown color on cookie.
There is no need for any processed ingredients and Enjoy Tasty, Guilt free cookies.
- Bananas contains potassium,vitamin C, and fiber.
- Oats contribute to one’s daily needs of carbs, protein and fiber, including powerful fiber beta – glucan.
- Eating Oats improves digestion and balance blood sugar levels. A cup of oats gives you 26.35 grams of protein and 16.5 grams of fiber.It helps you feel full longer and curb food cravings.
- In chocolate chip(dark), there is less sugar which is better for overall health. Higher the cocoa content, the more health benefits.
- Despite their small size, Raisins are packed with energy, and rich in fiber, vitamins,and minerals. They are naturally sweet So no need to add refined sugar.
- Raisins aid digestion. boost Iron levels. and makes bones strong.
- Banana should be more ripe,it adds to the natural sweetness.
- Try adding cranberries, chopped walnuts, almonds, pecans,coconut flakes. possibilities are endless.
- In case of Microwave, if you place for more than 1 minutes, then they will burn and become very hard.
You will love this recipe as it’s Healthy,Simple, Hassle free. Please try and let me know in comment box —