For Vegans, Soya chunks is the best alternative to meet their nutritional needs. To make childrens love Soya chunks , Plain Soya chunks are given a twist of kids all time favorite Manchurian dish.It gives smile and satisfaction to both, where Moms wants to give protein packed meal and kids enjoys their Manchurian.
Soya Manchurian is a delicious gravy dish made with nutritious Soya chunks. It is rich in bean protein which is very healthy food. It can be added as a side dish to any menu. It can be served as a appetizer /Starter. Lets start —
- Soak 2 cups of Soya chunks in water with little salt for 15 minutes. I have taken tap water, warm water can also be taken. When they increase in size and becomes spongy squeeze out the excess water nicely.
- In a bowl with squeezed out Soya chunks add Ginger-Garlic paste, 3 spoon corn starch, 2 spoon all purpose flour(maida) , little soya sauce and mix thoroughly. If its dry, sprinkle water.(keep aside for 10 minutes)
- To prepare the sauce, In a cup add 1 1/2 spoon Tomato sauce, one spoon of Soya sauce, Red chili paste, Sugar and spoonful of Vinegar. Mix properly.
- Heat oil in a pan, I prefer to take little oil as later that oil is not good for health. Deep- fry all marinated Soya chunks and take it out on a kitchen towel, so excess oil is absorbed in it.
- Heat oil in another pan add freshly minced Garlic , and white onions,Saute nicely till translucent. Add in Green capsicum, just mix properly so it will be crunchy. Add the prepared sauce, mixture of corn starch slurry, add little water and bring to boil till it gives good color of all sauces in it and changes to thick based consistency. When you get this stage check for salt and pepper and lastly add crispy Soya chunks and fold in gravy properly. Top it up with Spring onion greens .
Ready to indulge in finger licking , Hot and Spicy Manchurian. Enjoy with all without any worries.
- Soya is one of the highest sources of protein — Higher than eggs,dal and paneer( cottage cheese).
- Soya food contains high levels of Fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids.It helps to lower down cholesterol levels in a body.
- Its enhances bone health and digestibility.
- Its high content of magnesium results in fighting insomnia.
- Its a good source of vitamin b, vitamin k,and folate.
- Other Soya products are Tempeh ,Tofu ( visit earlier post of Palak paneer/Use Tofu recipe)
- All good things come in small packages so does the amount of Soy to be consumed is small. It is recommended not more than 30 gm on daily basis.
- For people taking Thyroid medication : Soy products may interfere with how body absorbs the medication in the GI tract, making it less effective. A general tip is to wait few hours between taking Thyroid medication and consuming Soy products as it tends to alter your intestines absorb the medication. Better talk with Physicians….
- If you want more gravy, add more corn flour slurry adjusting with seasoning n more sauces in it.
- Cornstarch slurry is mixture of 2 parts cold water and 1 part of cornstarch. It is used as a thickening agent.
- It is advisable to consume soon, as it tends to become chewy and soggy.
Do try and let me know