Masala Toast is made with filling of spicy potatoes,vegges and green chutney. It is mouth watering and favorite snack. It is good for kids lunch box also, as it is packed with goodness of all Vegges.
For Potato filling:
- Medium sized 3 – 4 Potatoes
- 11/2 Teaspoon oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 2 – 3 Curry leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt to Taste
- Whole Wheat or multi grain,White or Brown Bread
- 1 Onion (Red/yellow),peeled,rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato,rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 beetroot, peeled,rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 small Cucumber,rinsed and thinly sliced
- Sandwich Masala/ chaat masala as required
Green Chutney: Please refer to Cilantro chutney/Dip Recipe
Lets Start —
We will have to make first spicy potato filling. Boil potatoes – peel and mash them properly. On a heated pan add little oil, temper it with mustard seeds,curry leaves and some turmeric powder. Add to it mashed potatoes and toss gently. Sprinkle some salt as per taste and Garam Masala. And it can be made ahead of time and kept in fridge.
Slice some vegges as red onions, tomatoes, beetroot,cucumbers.
Main part of building up your Masala Toast-
Take a Sliced bread with nicely spread butter on it. Next comes in cilantro chutney (recipe shared earlier), Now place spoonful of potato mix in center and tap it down. now start placing the vegges one by one followed by dash of sandwich masala. Place another sliced bread with butter and chutney on it.
we can toast on skillet pan or sandwich toaster. For electric toaster its easy,butter both side and place it in and ready to serve.
For pan—Transfer this build up on heated,nicely buttered skillet on one side, then slowly press sandwich and turn it and toast other side. Serve it with little green chutney and tomato ketchup.
It is packed with goodness of all fresh Veggies.
- Raw Tomatoes contains an assortment of Antioxidants, Vitamins, and Minerals.
- Onion contains Quercetin, which is a flavonoid that acts as an antioxidant. It has the ability to prevent buildup of plaque in arteries,lowering risk of stroke.
- Raw Beetroot are high in immune – boosting ,fiber, Vitamin C and manganese. It also contain the B vitamin folate,which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
- Cucumber benefits range from preventing acidity to keeping skin well – toned.
- Freshly chopped Vegetables contains all Vitamins and Minerals good for health.
Relish with friends